September 2, 2014

Disney sketches vol. 1 - The Little Mermaid

Lately I felt like I need to take a step forward to improve my skills, to create better illustrations with fluid movements and expressive characters, more detailed backgrounds, etc.

So I've decided to face new challenges! And the first one is practicing face expressions. To make it more fun, I practice while watching a Disney movie and I draw many expressions I see. It's not that I want to simply copy the screencap, I want to understand the pose, the movement, learn the details of each character and its personality but drawing it in my own style anyway...

That's a lot of things to achieve but I'm having a lot of fun xD



The first movie I've chosen is "The Little Mermaid", because Ariel is very expressive and charming
...Next one will be "Aladdin"! ;)



UPDATE: I felt guilty for not drawing prince Eric, so here he is
(also I couldn't resist to draw Ariel with that funny face xD

1 comment :

  1. awwww <3 que bonics que bonics!! i damunt el próxim Aladdin, amb lo que m'agrada a mi aquesta pel·lícula!! T'han quedat super bé i es que a part semblen tret d'un llibre en plan "art of.." per aprendre a dibuixar o animar.

    Esperant veure els següents!

    muaks!

    ReplyDelete