December 16, 2015

Nerdy Girl


... Have I ever told you I HATE characters who wear glasses?! (ு⁎ு)྆྆
Maybe I've watched too much anime, but that kind of characters are always boring, way too serious and have the excitement of a rock. Also, glasses usually make me really mad because they tend to ruin a cute character design, and that's a sin to me ( •̀ω•́ )

BUT then one day I made this drawing as part of a commission for stamp sets, and man, I don't know how, I unexpectedly fell in love with this nerdy beauty *o*
The final artwork was in just black line, so I've kept the sketch in the drawer for several months, waiting for a chance to paint it in my own style and make it part of my collection of coloured sketches.

And now that I've finished my calendar and that I have TONS of commissioned work to finish up before Christmas (... pray for me x____x), it has been a perfect excuse to use it as a quick colouring practice to clear up my mind!

... Now I think maybe even I could be happy wearing glasses (⁄ ⁄^^⁄ ⁄)

No comments :

Post a Comment